There are no open positions at this time. Applications are always accepted and will be kept on-file for 6 months.
Supervisor: Circulation Manager
Position: FLSA Non-Exempt
The Library Associate supports all aspects of library operations with a focus on frontline service. Assists all departments to ensure a positive experience for patrons by engaging in conversation and connecting users with library materials while promoting library services and programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Work in public service areas as assigned: including answering reference and information questions; checking materials in and out; answering the telephone; issuing borrower’s cards; processing materials, shipments and reports; shelving, shelf reading, etc.
- Assist patrons in the use of technology available in the library, including basic troubleshooting of photocopier, fax and computer problems.
- Answer basic reference questions in person or by telephone and helps patrons locate library materials.
- Instructs patrons in the use of basic reference tools, both print and electronic.
- Maintain files, records, and statistics as assigned.
- Maintain job knowledge by staying current with library policies and procedures, work related emails and training documents, staff communications, and public programs and events.
- Responsible for prompt and courteous delivery of customer service to library patrons including circulation of library materials to patrons, maintenance of patron accounts including payments for lost items, answering patron questions regarding library materials and services and maintenance of library collection and equipment.
- Maintain library spaces to ensure an orderly and attractive experience for patrons.
- Operate a cash register and/or handle money
- Provides readers’ advisory services.
- Maintain knowledge of library apps to promote access, assist in troubleshooting patron issues, and be familiar with content.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm for library services with a strong focus on helping community members access services, materials, and experiences in the library and off-site.
- Supports library programs
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures specific to each library location.
- Reports to Circulation Manager
- Provide notary services, if eligible
- Perform related duties as required
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- Some college education desired, previous library experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Familiarity with MS Office products
- Keyboarding/Windows proficiency
- Ability to operate technology systems, including personal computer, and software programs.
Frequent interaction with patrons and other library employees.
Computer/Technology Skills/Equipment/Software Skills
Common technology used in this position includes but is not limited to data entry, electronic resources, TLC ILS, Microsoft Programs, Intranet, Internet (www.meigslibrary.org), social media, email, and other library-related software applications.
Travel by automobile is required for training and branch coverage.
Frequency of travel: Occasional
Ability to regularly lift/push/pull up to 50 pounds.
Often required to perform tasks at a desk for extended periods of time.
Nature of work requires an ability to expertly communicate and exchange information, and to collect, compile, and prepare work documents operating standard business office equipment.
Manual dexterity and physical ability to perform essential duties requiring continual standing, reaching, bending, and walking.
Majority of the work performed in a general office/library setting.
Requires availability for extended or nontraditional hours as needed to perform job duties.
Requires periodic participation and attendance at related library events and training.
Public Service 90%, Special Projects 10%
The information in this summary indicates the general nature and level of work performed within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes may also be sent, by mail, to:
216 W. Main St.
Pomeroy, Oh 45769
To apply in person, inquire at any Meigs County Library location.