This position is part-time, up to 24 hours per week. Evening, weekend, and day shifts will be required. At this time, mostly day shifts will be required. The applicant must be eligible to become an Ohio Notary (be an Ohio resident, and at least 18 years old). The position begins at $10 per hour.
- High school diploma preferred
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, email, printing, etc.
- Physical agility and strength to bend, reach, lift, and carry up to 25 pounds
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and patrons both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain composure in potentially stressful situations
- Perform circulation desk routines: answering reference questions, checking materials in and out, answering phone calls, taking requests for materials, organizing items for shipment, etc.
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures
- Assist users with computer software, accessing Internet sites, and other technology as needed
- Become familiar with the library operating system, as well as the digital collections
- Shelve materials
216 W. Main St.
Pomeroy, Oh 45769
The application may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply in person, inquire at any Meigs County Library location.