1,000 Books Before Kindergarten is a reading program designed to help parents encourage their children to develop a love for reading, stimulate early brain function, and prepare children for Kindergarten.
You are your child’s first teacher. When you talk, sing, read, write, and play you are helping your child get ready to read!
Reading aloud to a child
· Builds Vocabulary
· Creates a family bonding experience
· Develops listening skills and imagination
· Promotes longer attention span
· Improves cognitive development and academic performance
Sign up today!
* Any Child, from birth to Pre-K , can participate!
* Read at your own pace.
* Record the same book as many times as you read it!
* A reward will be earned for each 100 books read!
* A yearly celebration will be held in August for all children that read 1,000 books before the school year begins.
* Register at the Pomeroy Library!
1. Any book counts! Check out library books, or read your favorites from home!
2. Start logging books.
3. Bring your reading log to the Pomeroy Library at each 100 book milestone.
4. The library will enthusiastically celebrate your child’s success, take pictures, and hand out a small reward.
*When your child reaches 1,000 books read, he or she will receive a reading certificate and library t-shirt.
How You Can Register
Sign up at the Pomeroy Library. Your child will receive his or her reading folder, book log, and other goodies you’ll need to get started!