There are no open positions at this time. We are always accepting applications for Library Clerk. Applications will be kept on file for 6 months.
This position is part-time, up to 24 hours per week. Evening and weekend shifts will be required. Applicants who are able to become an Ohio Notary (be an Ohio resident, and at least 18 years old) are preferred. The starting wage is $11 per hour.
- Perform circulation desk routines: answering reference questions, checking materials in and out, answering phone calls, taking requests for materials, organizing items for shipment, etc.
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures
- Assist users with computer software, accessing Internet sites, and other technology as needed
- Become familiar with the library operating system, as well as the digital collections
- Shelve materials
- High school diploma
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, email, printing, etc.
- Physical agility and strength to bend, reach, lift, and carry up to 25 pounds
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and patrons both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain composure in potentially stressful situations
216 W. Main St.
Pomeroy, Oh 45769
The application may also be emailed to email@example.com.
To apply in person, inquire at any Meigs County Library location.