NOW HIRING a Technology Trainer
Technology Trainer Job Description
Library Location: All branches four branches: Pomeroy, Middleport, Eastern, and Racine Library
County or counties covered by the project: Meigs County, Ohio
Designated Position Hours: Full-time (35 hours/week) from October 1, 2020 through September 30, 2021. This is a contract position.
Designated Position: Technology Trainer, Guiding Ohio Online
Hourly rate: $11/hour
Essential Position Functions:
Proactively provide customer service. Assist patrons with basic troubleshooting of common software products, operating systems, browsers, and other technologies associated with library services, including handheld devices, e-readers, tablets, cell phones, etc. Assistance will be provided in person, but could also be provided over the phone, or off-site. Promotes and educates patrons on the use of online resources such as the library catalog and research databases.
Effective customer service and interpersonal skills with all ages, including the ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English. Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheets, and database programs. Competent in the use of Windows-based computer programs as well as the Internet. Ability to work independently and accurately, with attention to detail. Calm and focused handling of interruptions and distractions. Patient and adaptable to working with users who have varying degrees of computer and office equipment skill and knowledge. Ability to train public and staff on use of technologies one-on-one, in small groups, or in classroom settings. Acts with the customer in mind, using information gained from interacting with the customers. High school diploma or equivalent.
This project was made possible in part by the Institute of Museum and Library Services and the State Library of Ohio.
This position is part-time, up to 24 hours per week. Evening, weekend, and day shifts will be required. The applicant must be eligible to become an Ohio Notary (be an Ohio resident, and at least 18 years old).
Minimum qualifications, competencies and physical demands include:
- High school diploma preferred
- Computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet, email, printing, etc.
- Physical agility and strength to bend, reach, lift, and carry up to 25 pounds
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and patrons both verbally and in writing
- Ability to maintain composure in potentially stressful situations
- Perform circulation desk routines: answering reference questions, checking materials in and out, answering phone calls, taking requests for materials, organizing items for shipment, etc.
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures
- Assist users with computer software, accessing Internet sites, and other technology as needed
- Become familiar with the library operating system, as well as the digital collections
- Shelve materials
216 W. Main St.
Pomeroy, Oh 45769
The application may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply in person, inquire at any Meigs County Library location.