Meigs County District Public Library Meeting Room Policy
The Meigs County District Public Library meeting rooms are available for use by any group for non-commercial, cultural, informational, educational, intellectual and civic purposes. Room availability is contingent on there being no conflict with Library programs or meetings, which have first priority, at all times. The Library reserves the right to determine use of the rooms, to assess fees for use of the rooms, and to cancel or reschedule all the arrangements at its discretion, with or without cause or reason, and without liability. The following regulations govern the use of Library meeting rooms in our branches at Eastern and Racine and at the Main Library in Pomeroy.
1. The Library’s meeting rooms may not be used for political fund-raisers. The meeting rooms may be used for political office holders to meet with their constituents.
2. The Library’s meeting rooms may not be used for religious services. However, committees affiliated with a church (such as a church board of trustees) will be allowed to use the meeting rooms.
3. Facilities will not be made available for meetings where admission is charged or money raised, except in the case of a charitable event, or for a non-profit, charitable purpose. As a public institution, the Library will in no way be available for profit-making purposes.
1. Private and/or commercial groups will be charged $10.00 per hour for use of the meeting rooms. If extra cleaning is required by Library staff, future meeting room privileges may be denied.
2. Non-profit agencies and social organizations may use the room free of charge. If extra cleaning is required by Library staff, future meeting room privileges may be denied.
1. Reservations are not confirmed until the reservation form is completed and payment is received. The meeting rooms must be vacated 15 minutes prior to the Library’s closing. Set-up/decorating time must also be scheduled and paid for.
2. Each group or organization using the room is responsible for cleaning up. We have a vacuum available.
3. Refreshments are permissible.
4. If the use of our audio/visual equipment is required, please inform the Library at the time of the reservation.
5. 24 hour notice of cancelation of a meeting is required before a refund will be given. If circumstances beyond our control, such as bad weather or a power failure occur, your fees will be returned.
6. “No Smoking” and “No Alcoholic Beverages” rules are strictly enforced.
7. Because of limited parking space for library patrons, please arrange for parking off site rather than in the library parking lot.
8. Failure to comply with these rules will result in loss of meeting room privileges.
The Meigs County District Public Library is not responsible for the loss of or damages to any equipment or materials owned or rented by an individual, group or organization using the meeting rooms. Any individual, group or organization using the meeting rooms shall be held responsible for willful or accidental damage to the Library building, grounds, collections or equipment caused by the group or organization, its members or those attending the program.